Across the country, hundreds of towns, big and small, ring in the Fourth of July with memorable festivities. However, you shouldn’t have to limit your fun to one day. For an exceptionally special Independence Day this year, plan a family vacation to Seabrook in Washington State. From enjoying all there is to do in this oceanfront beach town to exploring nearby towns, there is no shortage of things to do with the ones you love most.
Located near the Olympic Peninsula, this beachfront town has been a go-to place for visitors looking to escape the hustle and bustle of life since 2004. With over 250 homes part of the vacation rental program, you won’t have any trouble finding the perfect home away from home for your family. After checking into your cozy accommodations, set off making memories as you celebrate this popular summer holiday.
A Checklist of Things to Do in Seabrook over the Fourth of July
Perhaps one of the most unforgettable experiences to take part in if you’re visiting Seabrook over the Fourth of July is the Porch Illumination Celebration. This yearly event paints the town red, white, and blue. Everyone in Seabrook, including merchants, guests, and homeowners, is encouraged to decorate to celebrate the holiday.
Decorations need to be out before 5 p.m. on July 3, and the Illuminated Walkabout takes place between 5 and 7 p.m. You can pick up a map of participating locations in the guest services lobby at 5 p.m. After taking in all the incredible displays, make your way to Growler’s Alley by Frontager’s Pizza to cast your vote while enjoying live music and s’mores. Winners will be announced on July 4. If you want to participate, you must sign up by calling or visiting the guest services lobby by noon on July 3.
Of course, this event is just one of the numerous things to do and see during your getaway. There are plenty of activities and attractions throughout Seabrook and the surrounding area, so you’ll never run out of adventures.
- Make the 15-minute drive to the Ghost Forest, found on the Copalis River. The forest is filled with 300-foot tall trees that stand dead, creating a ghostly atmosphere even on sunny days. To access the forest, book your spot on one of the seasonal tours offered by Buck’s Northwest.
- Try your hand at surfing the waves found on the beach near Seabrook, which is only about a five-minute walk from anywhere in town. If you’ve never surfed before, have a lesson with a knowledgeable instructor from Buck’s Northwest.
- Learn about the town’s creation and history on a walk with one of the co-founders of the town. These tours are offered on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays during the summer and start at 11 a.m.
- Enjoy one of the numerous weekly events that take place during the summer. This includes the sunset concerts on Fridays, morning yoga sessions on Saturdays, and the weekly Experts-In-Residence program.
- Treat yourself to a bit of retail therapy by exploring the charming boutiques that fill the town. The stores in Seabrook have it all, from a wide assortment of clothes at Magnolia’s | Clothing Boutique to your next beach read at Joie Des Livres: The Joy of Books.
- Spend time at Pacific Beach State Park, only about five minutes away from Seabrook. Build the ultimate sand castle or see who can fly their kite the highest. You can also make a small fire to roast s’mores, the perfect summer dessert.
- No Fourth of July getaway is complete without a quintessential barbecue. We provide the propane for the grill at your rental home. If you run out, call 360-276-0265. If your home does not have a grill, you can rent one on a first-come, first-serve basis through guest services. Get your ingredients from Front Street Market, but be sure to order your meats and poultry by Tuesday for Thursday pick up.
- While you are not allowed to set off fireworks in town, you can light them on the beach. However, you may only set off fireworks as long as you are 100 feet away from dunes, there is no burn ban in place, and it is permissible by local firework regulations.
- Disconnect for a little while, and enjoy uninterrupted time with your family on hiking trails found throughout Seabrook. There are several trails to choose from, so you can choose the one that best fits your family’s ability.
Dine on Incredible Local Cuisine
No holiday is complete without delicious food. The restaurants and food trucks found throughout Seabrook have you covered from breakfast to dinner for those moments when you don’t feel like cooking. Start your day with something sweet and a caffeine boost at Vista Bakeshop. Grab lunch on the go from Smitty’s Dog Company or Coastal Edge BBQ. Whether you’re craving something like pizza, Latin, or a burger for dinner, our local spots have something that fits the bill.
Whether your family vacation to Seabrook and Washington State is a week or just a long weekend, there is no shortage of things to do. With so much to do and see, it’s important to find time to simply relax. No matter which of our vacation homes you stay at, you’ll have all the comforts of home. Enjoy a movie night, complete with popcorn, or a bit of family competition with a game night.
The best way to see which of our 250 homes part of the vacation rental program fits your family’s needs and wants best is by speaking with one of our knowledgeable and helpful reservation specialists. Call 877-779-9990 today! You can also book your stay online.