Published: June 12, 2023 | Read Time: 4 Minutes
Across the country, hundreds of towns, big and small, ring in the Fourth of July with memorable festivities. For an exceptionally special Independence Day this year, plan a family vacation to Seabrook in Washington State. From enjoying all there is to do in this oceanfront beach town to exploring nearby towns, there is no shortage of things to do with the ones you love most.
Located near the Olympic Peninsula, this beachfront town has been a go-to place for visitors looking to escape the hustle and bustle of life since 2004. With over 280 homes part of the vacation rental program, you won’t have any trouble finding the perfect home away from home for your family. After checking into your cozy accommodations, let the memory-making begin as you celebrate this popular summer holiday.
Fun Things to Do in Seabrook over the Fourth of July
Start the holiday weekend off with a performance by rock trio, Deerswerver, on Friday, June 30th! The concert is free to attend from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM in the Sunset Amphitheater. Get up and dance or bring your favorite beach chair or blanket, snacks (or pick up a treat from nearby vendors) and enjoy the lively show and picturesque summer sunset.
Grab your yoga mat and come to Kucera Park at 9:00 AM for a relaxing yoga class with a view! Sessions are free and a limited amount of mats are available for use.
Join in on family-friendly STEAM projects with our expert-in-residence for the week, Barbara Hayford. Meet at Growler’s Alley at 10:00 AM July 1st-5th for fun, interactive, and educational sessions.
Learn about the town’s creation and history on a walk with a town tour. Meet at the Real Estate Office at 204 Market Street at 11:00 AM on July 1st.
Make sure to stop by Market Street on July 1st from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM for the Saturday Market! A perfect combination of local makers, artisans, and food vendors come together to offer everything from art, handcrafted items, fresh produce, to-go food orders, and wellness merchandise.
Keep the summer fun going after the Saturday Market! Bring the family out for sidewalk chalk, bubble machines, and yard games all along Market Street from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Saturday, July 1st.
One of the most unforgettable experiences to take part in if you’re visiting Seabrook over the Fourth of July is the Porch Illumination Celebration on July 3rd. This yearly event paints the town red, white, and blue. Everyone in Seabrook, including merchants, guests, and homeowners, is encouraged to decorate to celebrate the holiday. Explore the town’s decorations with the Illuminated Walkabout from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM where many homeowners and guests offer drinks and snacks, adding to the laid-back festive atmosphere. Interested in signing up? Visit the Porch Illumination Contest page.
The Belfry’s Fourth Of July Event Lineup
Have some holiday fun at The Belfry At Seabrook! All events are very family-friendly with lawn games, music, and more. The events are held on the The Belfry’s front lawn (but will be moved inside in the event of poor weather).
Make Your Own Italian Soda Bar | Saturday, July 1st from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Crab Dinner Feed | Sunday, July 2nd from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Red, White And Blue Sangrias And Tapas | Tuesday, July 4th from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Celebrate and collaborate with us as we work to keep the coast beautiful and pristine. Clean up is happening on the Fourth of July as well as the day after. Stop by the Guest Services Lobby at 301 Front Street for instructions on how/where you can help. Volunteers are entered into specials giveaways for their service!
There are plenty of activities and attractions throughout Seabrook and the surrounding area, so you’ll never run out of adventures. Here are just a few of the recommended activities!
- Play classic games and bring on some friendly competition at the newly opened The Arcade on Front Street (in the previous Fresh Foods Market popup location).
- Shop at PONDR, the newly opened mens clothing and accessories store.
- Check out the newly opened high-end kitchen and bath accessories at Mr. Walrus.
- Go for a swim in the newly opened outdoor pool, Sunrise Pool!
- Book a Sunset Bonfire Package through Concierge Services and have comfortable beach chairs and a portable fire pit waiting for you at the beach.
- Make the 15-minute drive to the Ghost Forest, found on the Copalis River. The forest is filled with 300-foot tall trees that stand dead, creating a ghostly atmosphere even on sunny days. To access the forest, book your spot on one of the seasonal tours offered by Buck’s Northwest.
- Try your hand at surfing the waves found on the beach near Seabrook, which is only about a five-minute walk from anywhere in town. If you’ve never surfed before, take a fun lesson with a knowledgeable instructor from Buck’s Northwest.
- Treat yourself to a bit of retail therapy by exploring the charming boutiques that fill the town. The stores in Seabrook have it all, from a wide assortment of clothes at Magnolia’s | Clothing Boutique to your next beach read at Joie Des Livres: The Joy of Books, or a stop into the Spa Elizabeth Boutique for high-quality self care items.
- Spend time at Pacific Beach State Park, only about five minutes away from Seabrook. Build the ultimate sandcastle or see who can fly their kite the highest. You can also make a small fire to roast s’mores, the perfect summer dessert.
- No Fourth of July getaway is complete without a quintessential barbecue. We provide the propane for the grill at your rental home. If you run out, call (360)-276-0265. If your home does not have a grill, you can rent one on a first-come, first-served basis through Guest Services. Get your ingredients from the new Fresh Foods Market that has everything from fresh seafood, vegetables, and your favorite cuts of beef for grilling.
- While fireworks are not permitted in town, you can light them on the beach 100 feet away from dunes and as long as there is no burn ban in place.
- Disconnect for a little while, and enjoy uninterrupted time with your family on hiking trails found throughout Seabrook. There are several trails to choose from, so you can choose the one that best fits your family.
Dine on Incredible Local Cuisine
No holiday is complete without incredible food. The restaurants found throughout Seabrook have you covered from breakfast to dinner for those moments when you don’t feel like cooking. Start your day with something sweet and a caffeine boost at Vista Bakeshop. Grab lunch on the go from Blue Juice & Salad Bar or Smitty’s seasonal hot dog stand. Whether you’re craving something like pizza, enchiladas, or a burger for dinner, our local spots have something flavorful and fresh to offer.
Spend your evenings unwinding from the holiday fun in your ideal vacation rental in Seabrook! Browse a wide variety of homes that easily accommodate your family or friend group, from homes with large kitchens for epic barbecuing or private hot tubs for unbeatable stargazing. Holiday rentals fill up quickly, don’t forget to book your home while there’s still availability.