Unforgettable sunsets, beachcombing, bike riding, leisurely walks, and building sandcastles are just a few of the signature beach pastimes in Seabrook during the Fall. While the Washington Coast has its rainy days, nature still delivers plenty of those crisp Fall days that leave you feeling extra refreshed and relaxed, too.
What To Bring – Sunny Day
The sunny Fall beach days have endless possibilities to enjoy, here are a few ideas to get your beach day started.
- A wind-resistant jacket and your favorite hat
- Pack a picnic lunch, along with a blanket to sit on (or lounge along the driftwood)
- Bring sand sculpting tools to create all kinds of sand art
- Bring bonfire supplies and s’mores fixings
- Bring along binoculars to see what you can spot
- Sunny Fall days are prime for kite flying! Bring your own or stop by Brooklets on Market St.
What To Bring – Rainy Day
If you’re like so many who love the coast and wander to the beach rain or shine, here are are few items to make the most of your outing.
- Water resistant jacket or coat
- Water resistant footwear, though we see those brave beachgoers who go barefoot in Fall, too! After all, there is nothing quite like feeling your toes in the sand
- Umbrella on calm, rainy days
- Water resistant gloves
- Bottles of water to rinse off later
Fall Beach Day Activities
The invigorating ocean air beckons outdoor play! Here are a few of our favorite Fall time activities to try in Seabrook.
- Surfing! Stop by Buck’s Northwest on Front Street for all the gear you need or to set up a surfing lesson.
- Beachcombing for seashells, sea glass, glass floats, and more.
- Razor clam digging and all of the tasty dishes that can be made with them.
- Biking the miles and miles of beautiful shoreline. Bring a bike or stop by Buck’s Northwest for all of your rental needs.
- Bringing your pup with you? No leash is required on the beach, so play on with your four-legged friend.
What Weather To Expect
Did you know that September in the Seabrook area averages only 7 days of rain? That’s a lot of clear skies and sunshine heading into the beautiful Fall season! Take a look at these weather statistics to best prepare for your next trip to the Washington Coast.
Come stay in September and enjoy the soft, warm breezes where the month averages 7 days of rain with average temperatures ranging from a high of 70° to a low of 45°.
Experience prime Fall colors throughout October that averages 13 days of rain with average temperatures ranging from a high of 60° to a low of 45°.
Heading into the holiday season is always something special! November averages 19 days of rain with average temperatures ranging from 51° to 37°.
It’s storm watching season on the coast! There’s no better time to cozy up by the fire or peruse Seabrook shops and dineries. December averages 18 days of rain with the average high of 46° and low of 33°.