Did you know that this charming beach town has some fierce mountain bike trails!? Seabrook takes mountain biking and cycling very seriously.
If you’re serious, be sure to secure your mountain bike to your rig on your way to the beach so you can experience Seabrook’s network of trails. Feel the salty air at the bluff above the Pacific Ocean or the vibration of your handlebars as you cross the rugged forest terrain.
Seabrook’s trails and singletrack accommodate all levels. Just ask Buck from Buck’s Northwest, owner of the local cycling shop. Buck is happy to set you up with just what you need, including bikes, maps, gear – and even bear bells. Everything that fits your competitive-self level, and your family’s, too.
Seabrook has miles of off-road tracks – for enjoyment or training, and always for exhilaration.
Narnia is a great trail for the most direct access to the brand new DNR trails! This 1/2 mile "out and back" trail is found at the end of Orchard Walk Park in the Farm District, and takes you right to the DNR Trails Trailhead!
Mike-O-Rama is a half-mile long and has 113-foot elevation change. This trail flows very well with a good climb in both directions. The Mike-O-Rama trail has a one-of-a-kind-view halfway through your experience.
Maid Brigade is a quarter-mile long trail with a 26-foot elevation change. This is an extremely technical singletrack with tight turns, protruding roots, and shrubbery that can obstruct your path.
Wormhole is a 700-foot long trail with 45-feet of elevation drop. This trail features six berms, three rollers, and two tabletops. This track is a lot of fun for everyone. Downhill traffic only.
Zipline Trail is a quarter-mile long track with 50-feet of elevation change. The Zipline Trail is a flow trail with fun turns, a couple hips and rollers, a cedar bridge, and rock crossings.
Mill Trail is a short detour following part of the promenade trail behind homes in the Mill District.
Downhill is for experienced riders only and is an extremely technical section. Downhill doesn’t have huge speeds or mastic sucks, but it’s a challenge to stay on the bike for the short trip down from Mike-O-Rama.
Access Road is a combination of Compass Street, SR 109, and old logging roads. This is the path most riders take to get to Mike-O-Rama and Narnia.
Mountain bikers who want to cross bridges can take the Narnia and Zipline trails, while bikers find jumps along the Wormhole track.
Thanks to the local community of enthusiastic riders and Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, Seabrook has amazing mountain-bike infrastructure, a new trail development schedule, and a bike-friendly atmosphere.
Please note that ongoing construction in Seabrook may affect certain entrances/availability of biking trails. Call Buck's Northwest at 360-986-0325 for the most current information.
10 FACTS TO SHARE
- Mountain biking (MTB) is the sport of riding bicycles off-road.
- To track and analyze activity, measure performance, connect and compete with friends and globally … check out the Strava app.
- To discover, plan, and share mountain-biking activities ... check out the TrailForks app.
- outtherecolorado.com says, “Prior to the idea of mountain biking as a recreational activity, “off-road” style bikes were used for transportation over rough terrain.” 1890s!
- Mountain biking can be broken down into categories, including cross country, trail riding, all mountain (or "Enduro"), downhill, freeride, and dirt jumping.
- Mountain biking is considered an Extreme Sport.
- The era of mountain biking as a sport began in the late 1970s. This date remains up for debate.
- According to diymountainbike.com, in 2017, Eric Barone broke 141 miles per hour on a mountain bike. This was done in the French Alps on a snowy ski slope. Compare this to the thrill of a modern downhill MTB race of about 40 mph.
- Also on diymountainbike.com, SUPER BALLOON TIRES were introduced in the late 1930s. These tires were 2 inches wide with the benefit of softening the ride and improving traction. With the latest move to “Fat Tire Bikes” companies are marketing tires over 5 inches wide!
- Cyclocross is a cross between road racing and mountain biking.
- Also on outtherecolorado.com, “…the largest mountain biking race in the world when it comes to number of participants is the Birkebeinerrittet in Norway. It’s 53.4 miles long and attracts anywhere from 10,000 to 15,000 participants annually.
- Mountain biking can be a hobby for a lifetime. The youngest person to win a world championship was just 16, and the oldest was 80.
Sources: Summaries of numerous corroborative websites.
Book your stay in Seabrook and take full advantage of the growing beach town and mountain biking adventures!