06/01/2018 - 3:00am to 06/02/2018 - 9:00pm
Hood To Coast Washington is back in 2018 and will span 78 miles through the Evergreen State beginning from Washington’s Hood Canal and ending at the beautiful Pacific Ocean. This one-day, one-van, six-member race features all the sought after aspects of the original Hood To Coast Relay in Oregon.
However, some things will be different. No sleeping fields, no major exchanges, no running in the middle of the night, and no need to take Friday off work.
Teams of six will run 78 miles with each participant completing two legs along the 12-leg race course; walking teams of 4-6 will trek 52 miles along an eight-leg course. All legs will feature an electrolyte and water stop, and smooth traffic.
Racers will experience the beauty of western Washington as each leg showcases something special, like scenic waterways, the serene forests, and the Pacific Ocean.
This event will be capped at 450 teams.Hood To Coast Washington will be a primarily flat, fast, and friendly journey starting near Lake Isabella State Park, through the Olympic National Forest, along the Chehalis River and Grays Harbor, eventually ending at the state’s best kept secret—the coastal community of Seabrook, located on the Pacific Ocean.
THE MOTHER OF ALL RELAYS GOES TO WASHINGTON!
DATE: June 2, 2018
RACE COURSE: Hood To Coast Washington is 78 miles long for running teams and 52 miles long for walking teams. See Course Maps for more route info
TOTAL TEAMS: 450 Teams
PARTICIPANTS PER TEAM: 6 runners or walkers
TOTAL PARTICIPANTS: 2,700
REGISTRATION FEE: $900
REGISTRATION PROCESS: There are 100 spots remaining. Registration is first come, first serve and will be completed entirely online (no mailing).
- Each team will consist of 4-6 runners or walkers.
- Runners will run two (2) total legs. Walkers will walk one or two (1-2) total legs.
- Runner Order: Runner 1, Runner 2, Runner 3, Runner 4, Runner 5, Runner 6, Runner 1, Runner 2, Runner 3, Runner 4, Runner 5, Runner 6,
- Walker Order: Walker 1, Walker 2, Walker 3, Walker 4, Walker 1, Walker 2, Walker 3, Walker 4. Order may be different for teams of 5 and 6.
Awards will be given to the top four teams in each category.
- MEN’S OPEN – Any age, at least one runner under 30
- MEN’S SUBMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 30
- MEN’S MASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 40
- MEN’S SUPERMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 50
- WOMEN’S OPEN – Any age, at least one runner under 30
- WOMEN’S SUBMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 30
- WOMEN’S MASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 40
- WOMEN’S SUPERMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 50
- MIXED OPEN – At least half women. Any age, at least one runner under 30
- MIXED SUBMASTERS – At least half women. Minimum age of all runners is 30
- MIXED MASTERS – At least half women. Minimum age of all runners is 40
- MIXED SUPERMASTERS- At least half women. Minimum age of all runners is 50
- MEN’S WALKING
- WOMEN’S WALKING
- MIXED WALKING – At least half women. All ages.