Seabrook Cottage Rentals
Seabrook Cottage Rentals, located in Pacific Beach, WA, is seeking an experienced Revenue Manager. The qualified individual will join a dynamic team and provide strategic leadership in the area of revenue management. Seabrook Cottage Rentals has been a leading vacation rental destination in the Pacific Northwest and continues to grow year-over-year. The Revenue Manager will actively participate in defining our future revenue growth strategies with the constant goal of remaining ahead of the trends in the industry. This position will require stability in the role, over time.
The right candidate will be open, excited, qualified and able to bring change in an industry that has potential ahead. It is a pioneering position, reporting to the General Manager. Seabrook is a forward thinking employer, providing an adaptive work environment and competitive benefits, along with engaging core values.
· Business Development DNA and commercial minded.
· Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success.
· Ability to work under own initiative in a fun environment.
· Ability to develop relationships with third parties and the resort teams.
· Well-developed interpersonal, adaptive, influencing and supervisory management skills.
· Ability to work from home.
· High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
Scope of the Role
· Implements revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
· Identifies new revenue opportunities.
· Provides daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
· Optimizes and expands distribution partnerships.
· Creates proper reporting tools to establish and consolidate the revenue management core function on a sustainable basis.
· Works with our business manager in support of external revenue based activities (e.g.: website product updates)
· Embeds a revenue management culture.
Core Role Responsibilities & Duties
· Oversees revenue management and distribution strategy of the resort and manages day-to-day yield operations.
· Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
· Performs competitive benchmark studies and follows market trends.
· Creates and maintains a monthly rolling demand calendar.
· Creates and develops pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each rental properties.
· Provides weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
· Manages and oversees strategy for all third party distribution channels.
· Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies.
· Analyzes overall monthly residential rental performance and provides summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
· Ensures all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
· Oversees and audits the standards and operations of the reservations department as needed.
· Ensures website booking process is maintained, up-to-date and functional.
· Works as a liaison with vacation rentals, sales and reservations departments and teams.
· Regularly checks the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…) points.
· Conducts quarterly property performance review and develops strategic and tactical action.
· Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis, environmental scanning, market modeling, distribution yield management, business mix yield management, length-of-stay yield management, inventory availability by channel, pricing control and new pricing concepts.
· Evaluates performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, groups, etc…).
· Reduces the cost of distribution by finding new, less expensive means of delivering business.
· Prepares outline for and support of the annual revenue budget process.
· Inspires Seabrook’s head of departments to further embed a revenue management culture.
· Any other reasonable requests made by management.
Experience & Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience. The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of responsibility dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. Must interact well with team members at all levels. Requires the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; must be flexible to changes in priorities.
· A strong command of both written and spoken English is required.
· Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
· Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets. Experience with vacation rentals systems is a plus.
· Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes.
· Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems and processes.
· Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching.
· Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
· Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly.
· Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time consuming tasks with low yield impact.
· Ability to work across all levels of Seabrook’s individual owners under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
· Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
Our Company Values
We do the right thing. We play as a team. We make things happen. Our neighbors matter. We love this town.
Salary is based upon experience.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org