Seabrook Land Company, located in Pacific Beach, WA, is seeking an experienced HR Manager. This exempt position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. Individual will partner with management by providing strategic HR support, and assist in reaching core business goals by providing guidance and programs which instill a productive and respectful work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops company policies and directives regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, conduct, and employee benefits.
· Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
· Drives recruitment and staffing activities by sourcing, screening, interviewing applicants and onboarding new hires.
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
· Responsible for maintaining employee files and records.
· Responds to employee inquiries regarding benefits, policies, procedures, and programs.
· Insures a safe and respectful workplace by coordinating management and employee training regarding safety, sexual harassment, and conflict resolution.
· Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence.
· Keeps records of benefit plan participation and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
· Ensures accuracy of payroll data through coordination with accounting department.
· Investigates accidents and prepares reports. Coordinates safety meetings and acts as Safety Director.
· Administers company recognition program.
A bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 5 years of human resource experience is preferred. The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of responsibility dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. Must interact well with team members at all levels. Requires the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; must be flexible to changes in priorities.
Our Company Values
We do the right thing, we play as a team, we make things happen, our neighbors matter, we love this town.
Salary is based upon experience.
Please send your resumé and a brief letter of interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. First consideration will be given to resumés received before January 13. No phone calls, please.