Front Office Manager
Seabrook Cottage Rentals
Responsible for the management of all Front Desk functions. Implements and maintains guest service standards that serve as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for retail sells operation and cash control. Hospitality Degree or formal training in hotel management required. Minimum 3-5 yearsâ€™ experience in a similar role/capacity.
1) Directly supervise all front office personnel and ensure proper completion of all front office duties.
2) Ensure the proper appearance of the retail shelves, lobby and all areas in guest view.
3) Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled as such by the General Manager.
4) Directly handle the luxury home concierge program.
Other Duties & Requirements:
- Be proficient in the use of the property management system, and train front desk personnel on the system.
- Have a thorough understanding of all Seabrook operating procedures.
- Enforce all existing and new policies and procedures with the front office staff and hold them accountable to those policies and procedures.
- Address Guestsâ€™ complaints in a manner which results in Superior Guest Service.
- Communicate with other cottage rentals departments regarding problems which need attention.
- Follow procedures for notifying the proper Company management and civil authorities in the event of an emergency or anticipated emergency.
- Actively enforce all safety policies to protect Staff, Guests, and Company Assets.
- Conduct monthly department meetings and individual meetings as needed.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of special promotions, daily house count, expected arrivals/departures home availability status, and scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of front office Staff.
- Ensure a proper process for communicating important information at the turn of each shift.
- Answer telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Check front desk and storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Instruct designated Staff to rectify any deficiencies.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business levels.
- Monitor and ensure that front desk area is kept clean and organized, and manned at all times.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages, and promotions is available at the front desk and that all Staff is knowledgeable on such.
- Prepare department schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy levels and maintaining productivity. Adjust schedules as necessary to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff reports to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent Staff. Coordinate breaks for Staff.
- Assign work duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise.
- Inspect grooming and attire of Staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out processes. Anticipate critical situations and assist when necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor the Staffâ€™ interactions with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with Staff immediately. Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with Staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure security of home keys.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies (i.e. retail cash banks, shortages/overages, processing payments and refunds.
- Work closely with Housekeeping to ensure accurate status of each home, readiness of homes for check-in, and to report guest concerns.
- Guest Service: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize results, and achieve Superior Guest Service.
- Leading: Motivate, coach, and train Front Office team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to the Companyâ€™s policies and procedures.
- Front Desk staff management.
- Front Desk Scheduling and staffing
- Guest Satisfaction/Surveys
- Available Weekends
- Home Supply/Amenity Bags Supply Ordering
- Retail supply ordering (gift bags)