Events Operations Manager
Groups Weddings & Events
Position: Events Operations Manger
***January 6, 2017 - This position has been filled ***
This is a hands-on, operationally-driven position. Seabrook is seeking an experienced event and operation manager to run the growing resort banquet operation.
• 2 years applicable banquets and catering, and management experience, preferably in hospitality or wedding industry.
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Coordinate the bar service
- Bartender scheduling and hiring
- Keep a once-a-week inventory of beer, wine and liquor. Manager will provide month-end inventory to accounting.
- Manager will work with our beer, wine and liquor reps for ordering inventory.
- Keep a once-a-week inventory of dry storage, and work with our suppliers to keep inventories stocked.
- Receive, inventory and ship linen.
Successful candidate will oversee events from start to finish. This is for all events, private and Town Hall events.
Manager will act as our onsite contact for:
- Group contact, families, coordinators, caterers, and all other hired vendors.
- Check-ins with the couple, client, day-of-contact, and throughout the event.
- Manager will oversee the bar and beverage service. Will help out when needed. For smaller groups, manager will act as the bartender as needed.
- Coordinate with maintenance, or Common Area Maintenance (CAM) team throughout the event if anything is needed. i.e. tech support, garbage & recycle.
- All aspects pertaining to the successful execution of banquet functions.
- Audio and visual support and contact for the group.
- Final walk-through, and lock-up after event.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a friendly-paced, client-driven environment.
- Ability and flexibility to work irregular hours, weekends and evenings.
Pay Compensation: based on experience