Mar. 16, 2012
Win A Beach House For A Year Sweepstakes!
This past week has been truly an incredible time for all of us here at the beach! The excitement began on Tuesday, March 13 with Seabrook's appearance on King 5's New Day Northwest. It was such an honor to share the Seabrook story with New Day's loyal watchers and to announce our Win A Beach House for a Year Sweepstakes! Since Tuesday, we have been absolutely astounded by the response to the contest. In fact, our contest website was literally overwhelmed by people who wanted a chance to win a beach home at Seabrook! Fortunately, everything is back up and running smoothly, but we would like to extend an emphatic thank you to everyone who gave us their feedback on the contest web site and helped us get it back up to full speed! Due to the inconveniences resulting from our website's challenges this week, we've decided to postpone this week's 2-night stay giveaway. Instead, we will be giving away TWO 2-night stays next Friday, right here on the Seabrook blog! We are so excited to be able to share our town as well as Grays Harbor County with so many new people, but even more so, we are excited to share why this contest is much more than a fun giveaway! Did you know?
- Tourism is the fourth largest economic sector in Washington State
- 144,000 people in Washington have tourism-based jobs
- In 2010, $15.2 Billion was spent by visitors at Washington businesses
- Visitors spent $39.2 Million on lodging alone
- $1.2 Million in County Lodging taxes were collected for reinvestment into promotion of Grays Harbor Tourism
- Greater than 10% of all jobs in Grays Harbor County are tourism based